Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Health


What do I do to stay healthy?

Beside the eat healthy, plenty sleep & water, exercise, washing your hands & not doing anything that would cause your body to get run down.   There are other things I do to help my body stay healthy.  I will be sharing  links to stuff that I use, hope you find it helpful.

I drink elderberry tea.   This tea helps my body fight any germs that may try to make me sick.  Besides the delicious flavor & it is approved by my kids (they prefer it with raw honey), I have not come down with anything since last winter.   Before I started drinking Elderberry tea, each time I went to Grand Rapids with my husband (for TBI appointments), we would come back sick.  Since we started drinking the tea days before the appointment, day of the appointment & then a few days after.  No head colds, no sore throats, no flu, nothing!!


I wear Skecher's  Air Relaxed Fit shoe, makes me want to walk.  Remember the exercise part, yeah, not my favorite thing to do.  But walking in these shoes helps motivate me to walk.  The memory foam on the inside forms to your foot like a hug.  Then the added air bags on the bottom of the shoes is like walking on clouds.  My feet, legs, hips & back do not get sore.  I  my best walking through the woods & dirt roads but on the rare times I  need to hit the stores to walk there, I know my feet are covered in these.  Then in the winter for exercise I help the men here chop wood & move the snow.

I use the Contigo Water bottle for my water.  It keeps it cold for a long time.  I can even put ice cubes in it!!  The opening opens up bigger to fit ice cubes in.   When I'm in the car, it fits in the cup holders or the side pocket on the door.  It's rare that you see me without it!

 We use Organic Sambucus Lozenges if we get  a scratchy throat.   It taste great!!  It has the Elderberry goodness in the lozengers plus zinc & vitamin C.

If what I offer here is relevant to you in any way, please consider donating. As I tend to my family (disabled hubby and homeschooled kids) I write in my free time. No knitting here but I love Taco Bell now and then and your donations help keep the spicy food coming. Every donation is appreciated!!!




Donations are not tax deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment