Sunday, December 1, 2019

Mental Illness

  Mental Illness has many types and combinations that make for some interesting folks.  Not to sound like I am making fun of or disrespecting anyone who is dealing with or has dealt with these issues.  My heart goes out to all who have faced it, lived it, lived with it or is dealing with it.   




   There are five major categories of mental illness.  Within the major categories there can be subcategories.  Then there can be combinations of any number of major and subcategories.  When dealing with the combinations of mental illness it can be more difficult and can take longer to form a proper diagnosis.  Some folks can live a lifetime struggling with mental illness & may not seek or receive help.  That can destroy family relationships, jobs or any type of relationship.   

   Mental Illness can be caused by trauma,  abuse, virus, or the brain does not develop properly in the womb.  The cause and type of mental illness can help determine the course of treatment. It's not an "easy fix".   Some might say there is no "fix" or "cure".   I agree to a point.  There are so many things the medical teams do know & don't know about the brain, it's functions and it's inner workings.   However they are progressing.     

   Mental Illness is a very complex thing.  There is no easy way about it.  For families that have a mentally ill loved one, life is a challenge.    

   This post is just a scratch on the surface of the topic of mental illness.  It is by no means an in depth answer for mental illness.  This might just generate more questions. Mental illness can bring feelings of isolation both for afflicted and their loved ones.  I am just trying to shine some light in an area that many people may feel uncomfortable talking about.   I hope more light will bring more knowledge.  Knowledge is power.  I encourage you to start these conversations with your loved ones and medical team
   
  Mental Illness can leave people feeling very powerless & hopeless.  I pray this will help start to fight the powerless & hopeless feelings you may have. 


If what I offer here is relevant to you in any way, please consider donating. As I tend to my family (disabled hubby and homeschooled kids) I write in my free time. No knitting here but I love Taco Bell now and then and your donations help keep the spicy food coming. Every donation is appreciated!!!




Donations are not tax deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment