Sunday, April 2, 2017

TBI Part 3


Part 3 of TBI.   TBI is an on going process.   So far I do see an end to this. This is not like a bone break.  Our life is forever changed.  Not to sound doom & groom.  It's just the facts. 

Here's a little update on our lives.    In January we were rear ended.  We all had whiplash from it & some damage to the car.   We could have taken the position of anger & hate towards the lady that ran into to us, mad that another bad thing happened when we are already at the bottom of what we can handle or deal with.  Not us, let me tell ya what we did.

I actually gave the lady not one but two hugs before parting our ways.  She was just as rattled as we were.  We are choosing not to be man & angry full of hate.    Guess what, none of us woke up & had that on the agenda.   But it's how we react in the moment that sets the tone of the situation.  

We did all the info swap & the police came etc.   We are dealing with the insurance companies, car repairs & all the paperwork.   Yes, its never fun but its what needs to be done.

Now, back to the whiplash....... with the injuries I received,  it has been able to help my husband with the TBI describe what he is feeling & going through.  With the TBI his ability to process information has been broken.   The silver lining in a rough time?!  Could very will be.    I get to experience some of what life is like for him.   In that crazy little nut shell, we hope this all will be able to make some form of progress in information about TBI.   Cause the folks with the TBI have problems getting out what they are feeling emotionally & physically. 

When your processing part in your brain stops working or works so slow stuff is unable to come out, its a prison.  My processing works great.   It's so freeing to a person to be able to speak about what they are feeling emotionally or physically.  Having language match up with it, is a freedom from the prison.  

We are all recovering slowly from the whiplash.  With help from Massage Therapy & Physical Therapy the muscles will unlock & heal.  The car is repaired, life will go on.   It may not go as we thought or as fast as we thought, but it will go on.    

If what I offer here is relevant to you in any way, please consider donating. As I tend to my family (disabled hubby and homeschooled kids) I write in my free time. No knitting here but I love Taco Bell now and then and your donations help keep the spicy food coming. Every donation is appreciated!!!




Donations are not tax deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment