Sunday, April 30, 2017

Hope, do you have it? Part 2



After looking into Joy, I was lead to look into Hope.  We use the word hope a lot.  But do we really know what it means or use it correctly?  

 Merriam Webster Dictionary describes it-

intransitive verb- 1 : to cherish a desire with anticipation : to want something to happen or be true hopes for a promotion hoping for the best I hope so.

 transitive verb- 1 : to desire with expectation of obtainment or fulfillment I hope she remembers. hopes to be invited 2 : to expect with confidence : trust Your mother is doing well, I hope. 

 Definition of hope 1 archaic : trust, reliance 2 a : desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfillment came in hopes of seeing you; also : expectation of fulfillment or success no hope of a cure when they were young and full of hope b : someone or something on which hopes are centered our only hope for victory c : something desired or hoped (see 1hope) for great hopes for the coming year

Hope  the expectation of future good.   Hope is tied with trust, confidence, anticipation.   I have found hope in the feeling of security, safety,  a place of refuge & faith.  When we have hope in something that is a strong foundation we feel very confident.   But what if we have hope in something that is not of a strong foundation?  False hope is dangerous.   How do we know what we have hope in is a solid foundation?  

If what I offer here is relevant to you in any way, please consider donating. As I tend to my family (disabled hubby and homeschooled kids) I write in my free time. No knitting here but I love Taco Bell now and then and your donations help keep the spicy food coming. Every donation is appreciated!!!




Donations are not tax deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment