Tuesday, December 6, 2016

House Cleaning


 I make my own household cleaner.   I have tried all the different cleaning products out there.  Nothing compares to making my own.   My life is busy, I need things simple.  Making my own laundry soap & household cleaners is worth it & simple.   Besides cheap!!!!

 You will need: White distilled Vinager,  Baking Soda, 1 pint glass jar, one 24 oz spray bottle, fresh orange peels, funnel & a strainer.


For your everyday cleaning of the counter tops, sinks, stove top, cabinets, refrigerate, walls, spot clean on floor, bathroom sink, showers, bath tubs, outside of toilet, mirrors, windows & trash cans. 
  
Take one 16 oz mason jar fill with orange peels.  Then top off with vinegar.   Let sit in a dark place for at least 2 weeks & shake it everyday.  If you can let it sit long great!!  After sitting for at least 2 weeks, pour vinegar out through a strainer. I use a 2 cup measuring cup to hold strainer vinegar.  Now you can pour that vinegar into the spray bottle.   May want to use a funnel.  Then top off with Distilled vinegar. Shake & start cleaning!!!!

For a degreaser & harder to clean spots, add baking soda to the dirty area, spray the orange cleaner & scrub a little.  Repeat if you need to.    After using the baking soda, you may want to follow up with more vinegar cleaner.  It will help remove the chalky residue.   

For toilet & floor cleaner, I use 1 cup baking soda to 1 cup vinegar in a bucket of warm water.   

When I started making the cleaner, we all noticed the non chemical smell, our eyes, nose & lungs felt better.   Plus you don't ever have to worry about chemicals near your food.   

Since we started cleaning with the cleaner, we also noticed less ants & to no ants on the counter in the summer.   Our very used older stove looked brand new after using the orange cleaner & baking soda on it.  It removes soap scum from the bathroom.   

If what I offer here is relevant to you in any way, please consider donating. As I tend to my family (disabled hubby and homeschooled kids) I write in my free time. No knitting here but I love Taco Bell now and then and your donations help keep the spicy food coming. Every donation is appreciated!!!




Donations are not tax deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment