Sunday, March 19, 2017

Female Hormones, Sorry Guys Not For You Part One


 Being a female is not always easy.  They (men) say we are the better looking one of our species.
God created us with a design of beauty.   Ok, lets stop right there.........  All that sounds great.   But when our hormones are hitting highs & lows like a roller coaster & you are weeping one moment & want to kill everyone the next & the inside of you feels like a tornado, where's all this beauty?!!!

I truly understand that all of it.   When we are in the hormone storm its hard to live or even feel beautiful. Some of us women never leave the storm, it is on going.  Hormones play a large part in our lives.   Life seemed so much easier & peaceful before the first period.   Every women remembers when the first period hit.

Our mother passed wisdom & knowledge on to us about the process of which our bodies changes & what to do.   I got the 101 on what the physical part of it.   But not so much in the emotional part.  I must say, I was a hot mess.  My emotions where all over the place & I did not know which way was up, but I still had to go to school, be a part of family & act nicely.   It was like walking in a mind field.   I'm sure I was no peach to live with either.

My mom kept me well stocked on chocolate. That seemed to help me for a bit.   But how much chocolate can one honestly eat?!!  I ate a lot.   Don't worry,  I did not get fat, I  also had anorexia.  I'm sure that did not help with the hormones, hunger never does.   


  How do we live & feel beautiful in the storm of it?

Start following the moods during the month, how we feel during the month, slept & are craving.  That is just the start.   There are many tools out there to help with that, like on smart phones there are different apps.   Find one that works & makes sense to you.   Track how long your periods are, what are the different changes you nice with your body.   The app will help you track & make sense of all it.   Once you have a pattern, there are steps you can do to help yourself through the storm.

I noticed there is about a week in my cycle that I have energy to do everything & anything.  That is a great week to do stuff.   Then there are the other weeks I need to tend to myself.  Make sure rest, water healthy food & not over scheduling myself for stuff I do not have energy for.

It's the finding the right balance in your cycle to help with the storm.   Tending to yourself in the week of your cycle is important.   The rest of the time prepping for the week is helpful.  Talking with other close females about this & how you feel is helpful.

What is your plan to have beauty in your storm of hormones?

If what I offer here is relevant to you in any way, please consider donating. As I tend to my family (disabled hubby and homeschooled kids) I write in my free time. No knitting here but I love Taco Bell now and then and your donations help keep the spicy food coming. Every donation is appreciated!!!




Donations are not tax deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment