Sunday, November 11, 2018

Covenants

    In a world that consumes & throws away,  when stuff is not made to last, how does that effect us?  I did some digging about divorce rate.  I found that divorce rate was on an upper climb but in recent years it was slowly come down.   Which is good!!  I was afraid to see that it was going to be at an all time high, thank God it was not.   Gave me a little more hope about the world.    Like the fire in the picture,  lots of darkness with a a bursting of light.


   As I dug for facts I, came across a a web site, ( https://www.wf-lawyers.com/divorce-statistics-and-facts/), they had some interesting information.   Here are a few points I would like to share: divorce rates are about 40-50% of married couples in U.S.,  that is with them on a slowly climb down.   Reason for divorce: Lack of commitment, argue too much, infidelity, married to young, unrealistic expectations, lack of equality in the relationship, lack of preparation of the marriage & abuse.   Some marriages had multiples of the list that were causes for the marriages to end.  Believe it or not abuse was the lesser percentage for reasons for ending a marriage.  I was a bit surprised by that.  I thought that would be at the top.   What does this all say about us as people on how we view marriage/relationships?  

   Do we leave at the first sign of a problem?   Are we lacking the ability to communicate with each other?  Are we not valuing the covenant of marriage?    Do we know how to make things last?  For the record, if you are in an abuse relationship get help right away!!!   Safety first!!!!   But the other stuff seems to me stuff that can be worked out.   

   Find married people who are happy in their marriage & ask them how they are happy & what are they doing to stay together when things get rough.  

If what I offer here is relevant to you in any way, please consider donating. As I tend to my family (disabled hubby and homeschooled kids) I write in my free time. No knitting here but I love Taco Bell now and then and your donations help keep the spicy food coming. Every donation is appreciated!!!




Donations are not tax deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment