Sunday, October 1, 2017

Sleep Apnea Part 2



I had the sleep study.   It all boils down to yes, I have Sleep Apnea.  It took a bit to get the Sleep Apnea machine due to all the paperwork with my insurance.  Each insurance is different.  Little did I know there is a man's machine & a women's machine.  One is plain & one has a design on it.  I like the design on mine.  Winner, Winner!!! 

At the study when they had to put me on a machine I had no problem adapting to it.   The added pressure was no problem.   The mask fit just fine.   At home completely different story.  My husband was there to help me get the mask adjust to fit my head comfortable, there to help me when I had multiple panic attacks when the high pressure kicked on & he stayed by my side till I was able to be comfortable with the pressure & the mask.  

Some of the things I had to adjust to with the mask om my face & the pressure pushing up my nose: the air rushing up my nose with great force, swallowing my own spit &  having my ears block up & hurt & then not able to breath (panic attack happened had to turn machine off & regroup),  once high pressure was up & pushing could not inhale (another panic attack, had to start over), panic attack from having something on my face & having to itch my face where the mask was on.  This all went on for an hour or so before I adjusted to the mask & the pressure.   

My husband has been on his own Sleep Apnea machine for a year now. His is different since his Sleep Apnea is different than mine, but he still was by my side to help me through it. And to make any & all adjustments.   I did not start this right at bed time.  But an hour & a half before I would normally go to bed. I knew there were be some fitting of the mask & a small adjustment time.  I'm glad I started when I did.  If I started at bedtime when I was completely exhausted, it would not have gone successful.  

After each panic attack, I had to regroup & get back to peace before trying again.   My husband was very patience with me during this all.  I'm very grateful for his help during it all.

I slept for 11 hours.  Did not move the whole night.   My body was able to finally get some will needed deep sleep.   I did feel refreshed a little the next morning.  I'm hoping the more I use the Sleep Apnea machine the more energy I'll have.   Besides all the other added health reasons.  Looking forward to a health life!!!

If you or a love one might have a sleep problem please talk with your doctor & get it checked out. You matter & your health is worth it!  If anyone in your family has Sleep Apnea, you may have it too!  It is hereditary.  


If what I offer here is relevant to you in any way, please consider donating. As I tend to my family (disabled hubby and homeschooled kids) I write in my free time. No knitting here but I love Taco Bell now and then and your donations help keep the spicy food coming. Every donation is appreciated!!!




Donations are not tax deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment